Home

Home
HOME

Saturday, February 01, 2014

Another Porter

So as some of you may know, I love my beer, good craft beer.  I also brew my own beer.  Think I've posted some pics of a batch awhile ago.  Well my favorite beer is a Porter, love to make it, love to drink it.  I use extract due to limited space and not having tools for full-grain.

So my latest batch is a Deschutes Black Butte Porter clone.  It was bottled around the 1st of the year and should be ready to start opening any day now!  I naturally carbonate my beer in the bottle so have to wait awhile before opening.  I have never had a bad batch of beer I've made and this should be a good one as well.  Here's the recipe:

  • 7 Lbs liquid malt extract
  • 1 Lbs Base grains
  • 1.13 Lbs Specialty Grains
  • Yeast: White Labs London Ale WLP013
I was going to explain the process, but I noticed I already posted awhile ago with a Dark Cascadian so you can check out the pics of an almost complete process here: Give Me Head, Cascadian Dark


The porter is done, carbonated, and getting drunk a little too rapidly!  Its hard not to enjoy it bunches when homemade is sooooo good!  Already plans to make some more soon, to avoid buying it.  Don't quite have the overlap synced just right to always have my own beer on hand, but getting closer.

CIAO!

No comments: