Home

Home
HOME

Friday, February 24, 2012

My Review of Brooks PureGrit Trail-Running Shoes - Men's

Originally submitted at REI

A collaboration with ultrarunner Scott Jurek, the Brooks PureGrit trail-running shoes free your feet to embrace the trails and connect to the ground below. Lightweight uppers feature conforming foam, highly breathable mesh and a rubber instep band to provide a comfortable, secure fit regardless of ...

My Only Running Shoe
By Buckizard from Redding, CA on 2/24/2012
5out of 5
Sizing: Feels true to size
Width: Feels true to width
Arch Type: Average Arch
Pros: Good Traction, Lightweight, Comfortable, Cushions Impact
Best Uses: Trail Running
Describe Yourself: Avid Athlete
Was this a gift?: No
I now own 2 pairs of these after putting over 200 miles on my first pair, and they are still going strong. I run almost exclusively trail but feel just as comfortable in these on the road. I average 25-45 miles a week with long a long run of over 20 miles.

The 4mm drop is perfect for my current running state. I love the cushioning in these and they feel great over long distances. Traction is fantastic in rain, mud, and even snow. Crossing creeks these drain quickly and dry just as fast. The smaller profile lugs make running on any surface a happy affair, though trails is where these really excel.

Durability has been great, haven't noticed anything going wrong or wearing out after a few hundred miles. As soon as I got a new pair for races, they went for a 23 mile trail run without any break-in. They were flawless. I recommend these for any trail runner or for Brooks fans trying for a minimal shoe along the Cascadia lines.

Really enjoy these!!
New blue ones, on the trail


Tags: Using Product, Made with Product, Picture of Product

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A great little review of a fab pair of trail running shoes. Always enjoy reading what others think of this shoe. Thanks for sharing!

Cheap Running Shoes For Men