Home

Home
HOME

Friday, January 18, 2013

Redding Marathon, Relay and 5K


Update: 1/23  Marathon was awesome and the Green Team finished the marathon in 3:38:29.  Fantastic run to our 3 person team, we all ran absolutely wonderfully!

Excited to run in the 3 person relay this Sunday.  Being so close to holidays, as much as I wanted to run the full marathon, I am not even close to being in shape.  I will be running with 2 folks who work in the forest service, fire field, with me: my best bud Joni and a Hotshot firefighter Gerry. I will be running a 9.8 mile leg.  The course is absolutely awesome and beautiful, following one of many wonderful trails that spread throughout Redding.  

The course starts from Shasta Dam and heads down the Sacramento Rail Trail, with a few side tracks, and ends at the great Sundial Bridge.


Weather has been incredible lately and should stay that way on Sunday.  Feels like cool summer weather, even breaking 70 the other day.  

Marathon is a Boston qualifier for 2014, has medals for the finishers, 1/4 zip long sleeve tech shirts, and some cool food from locals.

This past week I've managed to get a long 13 mile trail run and a 6 miler at work so feeling pretty good about picking up my pace for the 9.8 mile stretch.

WOOHOO! Can't wait!

No comments: